Self-Report: Summary and Suggestion

Summary and Suggestion

           a. Purpose of Practice
                -  Giving experience to student teachers
                -  Making student teachers as professional teachers in the future
                -  Make relations between Indonesia and the Philippines
        
b. Procedures of Practicum

        The procedure of practicum is divided into 4 parts. The first is class observation. In this section, student-teachers see and observe how to teach, teaching techniques and routines that are carried out from class and school.
       The second part is be an assistant, in this part, the student teacher becomes an assistant from the teacher of each supervisor. The student teacher will assist the teacher in the process before teaching, the teaching process until after teaching.
         The third part is teaching practice, in this part, the student teacher becomes a real teacher from preparing lesson plans, choosing learning methods, making learning media, and teaching like a teacher on his own. Then the supervisor's teacher assesses and records what we will improve in the future.
           The last is the evaluation section. Here, the supervisor's teacher will see how we are in compiling reports to teach in class. The supervisor's teacher will give some suggestions and criticisms to be corrected the next day.

c.  Outcomes of practicum
                  At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understanding about Consumption,                 Saving and Financial Intermediaries, distinguish about Consumption and Saving activity                      and xplain the Financial Intermediaries.

d. The challenge of practicum

       There are many challenges in teaching at the Secondary Laboratories School-BSU, one of which is language. Filipinos use Tagalog language and English for their daily lives. They can speak English well. The biggest challenge I get is how to be confident in communicating using English to them. but thank God, because as long as there I continued to improve the quality of communicating with English. I have the determination to continue to learn and improve my ability in speaking English.
In fact, there are many similarities between the Philippines and Indonesia. An example is in Tagalog language. Shoes in Indonesia we called it Shoes and Filipino people called it Sapato. It was very, very similar, and there were still many other words that I found.

c.       Overall Impressions
     
     Before I convey all of my impressions, before I want to ask a lot of thanks for the SEAMEO Program for making the SEA-Teacher Project and giving me the opportunity to join. Because this is the best experience of my life. First of all the impression I got in this program was a good program to increase the generation of good young women from various countries, this program can also create the quality of professional teachers in the future.
       I also did not forget to welcome my university, the Islamic University of Indonesia (UII), which gave me the convenience of being able to go to the Philippines and give me the confidence to get this program.
State University To Benguet (accepting the university) I thank you very much because really questioning us very, very well, starting from we arrived until we returned. I am very grateful because in BSU I met people who were kind, great and motivating.
         I also say to the Secondary School Laboratory, for giving me the experience to teach. To be honest, this is my first experience in teaching. But, the students I taught and the supervisors were very good. The students at the BSU Middle School Laboratory are very active, orderly and good. One thing I like about students here is how they respect the teacher and accept the differences. They have the courage to give teacher advice, give opinions, and provide input to the teacher. I learned from them, who taught not only providing material and topics but how to build character to be a good generation in the future.

d.      Suggestion for future improvement
Before participating in the SEA-Teacher Project it is better to prepare everything from departure passports, flight tickets and more. Make sure you have the techniques and methods in teaching. Hopefully, SEA-Teacher is an opportunity for good generations from all ASEAN countries.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-Report: General School Information and Academic Information

Self Report : Teaching Plan