Self-Report: Teaching Practice

  Teaching Practice



a.       Procedure of Teaching
    1. Before I teach, I have to make a lesson plan. Then the lesson plan is given by my supervisor teacher to be corrected. I will revise some points from the study plan
    2. After that, I learned about the topic that I will deliver and teaching practice.
    3. When it is in class, there are procedures in teaching that I put into the lesson plan. That is:
      • Carry out routines such as the classroom and proper seating arrangement of the students. (collect the assignments if there are any)
      • Ask the students about their topics before. Because this will lift their stimulus in learning.
      • Give the students motivated.
      • "If I say Hello, you should answer Hi and vice versa". Motivated like that can make the students feel enjoy the class and feel happy.
      • Presentation and some activities will give by a teacher.
      • And then, discussion and analysis (if any).
      • When the teacher will finish taught. The teacher's will fixing skills and guided practice or application.
      • To know the students who are able to about the topics, the teacher do generalization. As always, the teacher will ask volunteers (consisting of 1 or 2 students) to make a conclusion.
      • And last, the teacher will give assessments or assignment for students.
      •  After teaching, my supervisor will give some input to my teaching method to be improved in the future.


b.      Time Management and Organizing activities

            At BSU-SLS each subject lasts 1 hour. Therefore, it is necessary for good time management during learning activities. Next is the time series when learning begins at 7.40

  •   At 07.40 a.m, as usual, I say hello to students and read prayers at the beginning of class. Don't forget to check attendance.
  •      At 07.50 a.m. I repeat the previous topic again while providing motivation to learn.
  •     At 7:55 a.m I instructed them to present the results of the assignments I have given. For one group, they have 5 minutes to present the results. There are 5 groups in one class, so it takes 25 minutes for the presentation.
  •     At 8.15 a.m after all the students have presented, then I straighten out the topics they are presenting, review and re-discuss the material that has been delivered by the students.
  •     The last 8.30 a.m hour is generalization, where I ask 1 or 2 volunteers to make a material conclusion today. Not forgetting at the end of the hour I gave a farewell to them and gave some messages relating to the material discussed on that day.

c.       Problem-Solving

      I didn’t have enough teaching skills, teaching techniques, and experiences to control the class and how to manage the class. So, I had to learn from my supervisor teacher and improve my teaching from her. Sometimes, I searched for some information for improving these from the internet and the books.
      And then, time control when I teach. For my first class teaching, I taught very slow and finished my teaching late. I solve this problem by using the suggestions from my supervisor teacher and trying to discuss more and use more examples.


d.      Classroom Management
           When I was teaching, I ordered students to arrange the formation of seats to form a 'letter U.' Because in my opinion, the formation of the 'letter U' teacher was at the midpoint and became the center of the students. When they presented the results they also became the center of attention of the other students. In my opinion, the formation by forming 'letter U' will make them more conducive and faster to receive learning. In addition, when I teach the class atmosphere is not conducive, I will say 'Hello', which then they will answer 'hai' (vice versa). In my opinion, such a step is able to make them return conducive, because in this way they can restore their focus on learning. So that the class is able to be orderly and conducive.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-Report: General School Information and Academic Information

Self-Report: Summary and Suggestion

Self Report : Teaching Plan